Disputes involving patents in Lithuania are subject to consideration:
- by the national PTO Appeals Board during oral hearings – prior to the patent grant and connected with the examiner’s refusal to grant patent;
- by court :
- Decisions of the Board of Appeals of the State Patent Bureau relating to the refusal to grant a patent;
- Invalidation of a granted patent in full or in part on the initiative of third persons;
- Patent infringement cases during the period of provisional protection and after grant of patent;
- Assignment of a patent application or a patent to a different person;
- Compulsory licensing.
The national first instance court is Vilnius district court, the decisions of which may be appealed before the appeal court. The highest instance court is the Supreme Court of the Republic of Lithuania.